Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Comments Policy

All comments are screened. This serves several purposes:
-no spam gets in
-I notice and read every comment as they come
-no trolls get through
It's nothing personal, and I can't pre-approve any user's comments. In the days of Fatly Yours, I deleted maybe 5 % of all comments.

I live in Finland, so take that into account; you may have to wait up to 12 hours to see your comment up here. If it takes longer, it may be a Blogger glitch. Feel free to re-post your comment.

A comment will be deleted if:
-it's clearly aggressive
-it's clearly spam
-it's condescending and aggressive beneath a calm surface ("I respect your views, but don't you know fat kills xxx Americans a year, and everybody knows that science says...", or "Everyone can be what they want, but a transman is NOT a real man, no matter what they say...") This rule is mainly so that I don't start a big flamewar with any commenter. I think I did that a few times during Fatly Yours, and it was of no use to anyone.

-you wrote it only because I dared criticize your favorite TV show/comic, and it doesn't really offer anything for the discussion. (This includes "lighten up, it's meant to be funny!!!") If you have an argument/analysis that goes against mine, I'd love to hear it though.

-Anything like "I love how you delete comments that disagree with yours". My blog, my rules. Deleting has a lot more to do with the tone than the content.

If you don't like fat people, gays, transpeople, etc. ...
You can still comment here, BUT I don't want to hear a long diatribe against people like me and/or my boyfriend. Ask me questions, challenge me, sure. But hate on me? No. I don't have energy for that.

Any questions about the comments policy or anything else: deniselleDOTswanATgmailDOTcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment